How this Works
We aim to help Filipino Freelancers sell their skills to the global market, and to help Service Buyers access a pool of online skills and expertise to help them with tasks and small projects.
Service buyers and freelancers will both need to register and create an account profile for free. Buyers will be able to find and engage a freelancer in three ways by posting a required job on the website; by actively searching for a freelancer either through the available list of skills under popular categories or by doing a query in the search bar; or, by doing a rehire. Freelancers may search for open jobs by clicking the Find a Job button.
Smalljobs is focused on smaller projects and tasks that can be finished in a few hours, or a few days, and will cost USD 100 or less.
Getting Started as a BUYER
- Signup for free as a buyer.
You may look for or engage a freelancer in three ways:
Start talking to freelancers.
- Start chatting with the freelancer. Please remember that the freelancers may not be available 24/7 so you will probably have to wait.
- Please try to be clear and specific to avoid misunderstandings
Closing the Service Agreement
- Ensure that scoping of a required job or task is done properly. This will be the basis for determining the amount of time needed for a job, which in turn will be the basis for the cost quotation.
- Job specifications, negotiations on costs, delivery times and all other related matters shall be discussed through chats
- Once a buyer agrees to the following: a) hourly rate; b) number of hours to finish a project; c) delivery time; and d) additional charges; he may then click on the “Agree to Terms” button.
Getting Started as a FREELANCER
Sign up as a freelancer
- Freelancers need to be proficient in English
- Freelancers should be able to chat in English.
- Freelancers must have a bank account.
- Freelancers should have their own internet connection to ensure reliability and availability.
Build up a strong account profile.
- Profile Picture
- Complete contact details
- Email address. Accounts will be activated via the email provided.
- Bank account details (Metrobank, Banco De Oro, or BPI)
- Professional profile which should include educational background, work experiences, and a personal tagline (Why should a buyer choose you?). Be creative in selling yourself.
- List of skills. As a freelancer, you can enlist yourself only up to a maximum of three skills under your profile. You may enlist by using any of the popular skills already listed.
- You are also encouraged to enlist a new skill/s either under the popular Skill Categories (previously unlisted) or under Unconventional Skills.
- Samples of work. Under each skill, upload samples of works done (you may use different using texts, images, audios, or video files).
- Please note that ONLY ACCOUNTS WITH COMPLETED PROFILES will be activated and listed accordingly in the system.
- Continuously visit and monitor your freelancer profile for messages and queries.
- Freelancers may also search for posted job requirements in the site by simply clicking the button “Find a job”. You may post queries on an open job for additional information, or submit job quotes if the requirements are clear.
- Please be clear and specific in all communications with potential buyers to avoid misunderstandings
Upon acceptance of delivered jobs and receipt of the job invoice, Buyers can safely pay for their fixed-price jobs by using MasterCard, VisaCard, and other major credit cards, or by using PayPal.
Upon receipt of payment from a Buyer, Smalljobs shall deposit the amount (less applicable withholding tax and transaction fees) into the Freelancer’s bank account within three working days. More options for easier payment remittance systems shall be implemented in the future.